In 1991, a 6-year-old girl named Teresa “Tyler” Anderson entered through the doors of our Brookhaven Club. Little did she know that she was taking her first steps toward creating a legacy that would forever shape who we are as an organization and who we serve within our community.
25 years have passed since we officially became Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta and reaching this milestone moves us to reflect on the profound impact our programs have had on thousands of young women.
To commemorate this anniversary, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta and our Women’s Giving Circle Affinity Group have designated 2016 as Year of the G.I.R.L. (Growing Inspirational Responsible Leaders)!
Year of the G.I.R.L. is a special time for us to celebrate the girls we are empowering as well as the female leaders that empower us.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, our Board of Directors, and the Women’s Giving Circle are pleased to announce our 25 Year of the G.I.R.L. Honorees:
- Francesca “Fran” Gary, President, Amerigroup Community Care of Georgia
- Stephanie Blank, Board Chair, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta
- Rep. Stacey Abrams, House Minority Leader, Georgia General Assembly, State Representative, 89th House District
- Elizabeth “Liz” Blake, Former Senior VP of Advocacy, Government Affairs, and General Counsel, Habitat for Humanity International
- Juanita Baranco, Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer, Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead, Baranco AutomotiveGroup
- Sandra Deal, The First Lady of Georgia
- Teresa “Tyler” Anderson, The First Official Female Club Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta
- Kate Gutmann, Chief Sales & Solutions Officer, UPS
- Barbara “Bobbi” Cleveland, Executive Director, Tull Charitable Foundation
- Sarah Ryan, Dedicated Club Volunteer
- Patti Dickey, Dickey Broadcasting Company, Modern Luxury
- Roxanne Spillett, Former President & CEO, Boy & Girls Clubs of America
- Ann Curry, Chair & Chief Client Strategist, Coxe Curry & Associates
- Lovette Russell, Senior Consultant, Coxe Curry & Associates
- LeighAnn Costley, Partner & CPA, Frazier & Deeter
- Maria Saporta, Journalist, Atlanta Business Chronicle Founder, SaportaReport.com Contributor, WABE 90.1 FM
- Laura Ramirez, Former Youth of the Year, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta
- Mary Brock, Co-Owner, WNBA Atlanta Dream
- Virginia Hepner, President & CEO, Woodruff Arts Center
- Shan Cooper, Chief Supply Chain & Technology Officer, WestRock
- Kelly Loeffler, Sr. VP of Corporate Communications, Marketing, & Investor Relations, Intercontinental Exchange Inc., Co-Owner & Co-Chair, WNBA Atlanta Dream
- Bea Perez, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Ada Lee Correll, Dedicated Community Philanthropist
- Donna W. Hyland, President & CEO, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Penelope McPhee, President, The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation