Check out Missy’s Top 10 list of big wins that you made possible!
Because of you:
1. We are reaching thousands and thousands of kids! Nearly 10,000 kids and teens walked through our doors and found love, hope, and their own potential!
2. Our members are reaching high with their education! 100% of seniors participating in College Bound graduated from high school and were placed in college, technical school, or the military. Club teens were awarded a total of $1.4 million in college scholarships! Check out this video about how your support is opening doors to opportunities.
3. Our Youth of the Year, Kai Hartman, discovered that inner qualities like kindness and integrity speak loudest about one’s character. Thousands of teens like Kai participated in programs at their Club that encouraged positive leadership and sharpened their public speaking skills. Check out how Kai discovered a sense of belonging at her Club!
4. Our kids are learning eating healthy is actually fun! 17 Clubs began growing their gardens this year and learned how delicious good nutrition can be. Congratulations to our Brookhaven Boys & Girls Club for winning ‘Top Chef’, the highest honor at the 2017 Salsa, Salsa celebration! Check out their winning recipe from this year’s competition.
5. Our kids know the importance of giving back! Nearly 80% of Boys & Girls Club teens volunteered at least once during the year – a rate 65% higher than their national peers.
6. Teens are making our Clubs a second home! It’s so important to give teens a safe, productive place to go after school. This year, we were excited to see our teen daily attendance increase by 28%.
7. Our teens are making good choices! Our high school members were 88% less likely to report ever smoking a cigarette and 75% less likely to report ever having a drink of alcohol than their Georgia peers.
8. We broke ground on our first-ever arts-and innovation-centered hub! The John H. Harland Club: The Innovation & Expression Studio (T.I.E.S.) will reach more than 200 kids each day. Learn more about T.I.E.S. and how the new Club will give kids a fun place to cultivate and nurture their gifts.
9. We helped bridge the digital divide! We invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in technology initiatives to help prepare our kids for their futures. More than 500 Chromebooks were distributed to Clubs across the city.
10. Our kids know their future is bright! Nearly 9 out of 10 Club members report feeling good about their futures.
Because of supporters like you, in 2017, we were able to help kids make healthy choices, become leaders, and graduate from high school with a plan for the future! Learn more about how you can make a difference in 2018.